Happy Father's Day to Our Hero On the Other Side of the World

Happy Father's Day, Nicholas!!  



When I think of you as a father, the first memory that comes to mind is finding out we were going to parents.  Telling you I was pregnant was one of the best days of my life (even though you knew before I did).  I knew how badly you wanted to be a father; my greatest fear was letting you down.  You married me knowing that our fate of biological children was unknown. We spent ten years together not knowing if I was capable of conceiving a child that would could be carried to term; there was a great chance chemotherapy and radiation damaged my eggs enough to ever reach the point of a term baby. I will never forget the emotions I felt when I saw "pregnant" pop up on that pregnancy test.  God had answered our prayers.  We spent every day of the next 33 weeks hoping and praying that this little baby would enter our world and make us parents. 





Watching you become a father has been one of the greatest joys in my life.  It makes my heart ache knowing I won't get to see your interactions with Jaxon for many, many (too many) months, but the memories you've made will always bring a smile to my face. Thank you for being such an amazing Dad. Jaxon doesn't yet realize just how amazing you are or how blessed he is to have you. But I do. Jaxon could not have a better man to look up to than you. I'm lucky to have you as my partner in this journey. Parenthood has had its ups and downs, but you've always been our rock, our voice of reason, king of patience, and an ever loving dad and husband. I cannot thank you enough. I hate that you're away from us today, but please know that we are so incredibly proud of you for protecting our little family and our great nation. We can't wait for you to return home safely to us. Jaxon misses you; as much as I try, I will never be able to fill the role you have in this boy's life. We Love You!!! Happy Father's Day!!



3 comments :

  1. Such a great post! I hope you're able to celebrate Father's Day when he's back home (or did already)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO precious. He is seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete