Life Lately

It's been a long time since I've done a post that is kind of about nothing yet sort of about everything.

Life lately has been busy, yet mundane.  With Nick on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean, Jaxon and I like to keep ourselves busy to help our days pass.  Okay, so I don't really know if Jaxon likes to keep himself busy, but I assume he does.  I mean, when we're home the kid is definitely keeping himself busy as that little tornado never stops moving.  And he pretty much has my same personality, which means he likes to be out and about.  We plan things around his nap time, or around when he can catch a nap in the stroller (he naps great in the stroller so if we're going to a park around his naptime, I can bank on him taking his normal hour nap while I walk him around in the stroller.  Otherwise we stay home and head out between naps.)
























I would say at least two days out of the week we're doing something with friends.  It might be brunch, the zoo, a park, hanging at each other's house, etc.  It's nice because it gives Jaxon the socialization as well as giving me some time to have real intellectual conversations with adults.  In addition to outings with frends, at least once a week Jaxon and I are venturing out to run errands, usually grocery shopping. (this kid loves to eat! I feel like every other day I'm running out of fruit!)


The weather is getting warmer here.  For the past 6 months, Jaxon and I have spent our afternoons outside on the patio.  It was the perfect temperature whether in the sun or shade.  But Florida is heating up, and it's now not so pleasant outside between the hours of 11am-4pm.  (Soon, those times will change to dawn to dusk).  So we try to get a walk with the pups in before the heat really sets in.  I'd love to go in the morning, but kids are walking to the bus stop between 7:30am and 9:30am!  (For real, when does school start here?!)  While my dogs love people and listen to my commands, it just gets annoying to constantly say, "Leave it.  Leave it. Leave it" every time we encounter someone.  So we opt to go about 10am.  But I feel pretty soon we won't be able to do that because in a month or so, it will already be about 85 degrees by 10am.


Our pool opened about a month ago, so we plan to go sometime next week.  I am just hoping the water has warmed up a bit because this mama does not like cold water!  Our neighborhood is also currently building a splash pad for kids right behind the pool.  I cannot wait for that to be finished.  Jaxon is going to love it!  I just wish I could find the poor kid some water shoes that fit him.  He's a size 2 and while I've found very few water shoes in that size, they must run big because the 2s I do find are big on him!  But his Converse and other sandals and shoes are all a size 2.  Any advice?????

Other than that, I've been spending my time planning Jaxon's 1st birthday party (excuse me while I go cry).  We're having it back in St. Louis with all our friends and family.  In addition to that, we're also getting Jaxon baptized.  We're a big Catholic family for those that didn't know. My siblings and I (and all my cousins) went to Catholic schools from kindergarten through 12th grade). We wanted to baptize Jaxon when we were home at Christmas, but you kind of need the Godparents to be present and well, my sister couldn't travel since she was about 36 weeks pregnant.  So we had to wait but better late than never!!!

And lastly, we're approaching the big D.....deployment.  So we're nailing down our "to do" list.  Some of them are fun things like, "Get family photos taken" and "Celebrate our anniversary" and others are not so fun like "update our power of attorneys and will" and "get the AC units serviced" and other house crap.

So that's kind of it.  Jaxon, Yadi, Vino, and I are anxiously awaiting the return of Nick, which is now sooner rather than later.  I don't know why, but this underway has felt so much longer than the previous ones.  All I know is that I'm ready for one long hug from that man!

No comments :

Post a Comment