Goodbye to Our Hearts on Memorial Day

Today while you're enjoying your barbecues, beer, pool, and time with loved ones, please take a minute to remember what today is really about. Today is a day we remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country.




Today hits a little closer to home for me as we just said goodbye to Nicholas earlier this afternoon. It was harder than I expected watching my husband say goodbye to our son and then having to say my own goodbyes. But just like that, my heart is gone and off to sail the seas and soar through the sky. While I'm greatly saddened, I'm also filled with immense pride. Nick's passion and dedication to his career gives me a sense of comfort with our goodbye. 





I won't lie or pretend I'm not upset.  Having my heart swell with pride as I watch Nicholas walk away from us knowing he's off to protect our country doesn't take away any of the pain of his absence from our lives.  But I try to remember, on today, Memorial Day, that while my table is empty, we pray that it's only temporary.  In 2017, we trust the good Lord that our hearts will be whole with Nick's return.  There are far too many families that are not as fortunate.  Many loved ones will forever have an empty seat at their table.  No matter how sad we are without our hero here at home, we are thankful he's still here on this earth, sending us love from afar.


Nicholas, 
we are proud of you.  Don't worry about us. We'll have rough days but our days of laughter and love will get us through.  Jaxon, you and me, we've got this!  





Babe, I will think of you always, sending my love to the sky, and pray everyday for your safe return. 
Fair winds and following seas, My Love. 
I Love and miss you beyond comprehension.


(This was the day that Nick boarded a plane and headed to another state where the aircraft carrier was in port.  He was there for a while before the ship actually left port and set out on deployment.)

2 comments :

  1. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers not only for you and your family, but to those that will forever have that empty seat at the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping so extra busy with Jaxon will help pass the time until Nick's return. I'm wishing and praying for the best for all.

    ReplyDelete